PLEASE NOTE: due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the 2020 tour has been delayed, hopefully to some time later in 2021, by which time we will all really be needing a holiday! Please feel free to contact me or to Ali Pike in Puglia, details via the email addresses below.
I am so excited to once again collaborate with Puglia experts, Southern VisionsTravel to host this gastronomic tour of Southern Puglia, Italy. During this 6-night tour, we will be broadly following the path that I took to research my second cook book Adriatico – recipes and stories from the Adriatic coast of Italy, from the tip of the boot in Santa Maria di Leuca, to Otranto, Lecce and Ostuni. We will stay in two renovated traditional masserie over the course of the week, visiting some of the most beautiful features of the Salento peninsula, enjoying the freshest Adriatic seafood, traditional breads and pasta, local wines and some of the best olive oil in the world. Click here to see photos that I took of various points along our tour (including the stunning luxe accommodation) when I visited Puglia and spent time with the staff of Southern Visions Travel in June 2018 and here for photos and a wrap-of the April 2019 tour. Our local guide will take us to places that are off the beaten track, meeting local producers, learning stories of the food and the culture on the peninsula in which he was born.
Highlights of the tour include
- a day on the coast at Santa Maria di Leuca, the very tip of Italy’s heel
- a day exploring central Puglia and lunch in a private castle
- a visit to the Baroque town of Lecce to sample its pastries
- a visit to a winery in an old Masseria
- a visit to a cheese-maker
- a tour of an underground oil mill and olive trees dating back to Roman times
- a trip on a fishing boat by the coast at Polignano a Mare
- visits to Otranto, Ostuni and Polignano a Mare
For a full itinerary and to find out more, click here – please note that the 2020 itinerary will be similar for the next tour: Itinerary Puglia 2020
NEW DATES FOR 2021 WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE
To find out more:
Contact Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or via the Southern Visions Travel website